Saturday, February 23, 2008

Merona Wool Dress Pants at Target!

I am so impressed with Target's Men's Department these days! A few years ago the department was so uninteresting. I'm glad they are going in the direction of collections on a fixture.

Anyway, back to the story. Last night I walked through the department and to my astonishment they are selling wool suit separates under the Merona Brand for an unbeatable price. The hand was decent and the make look good. I did forget to check if they were lined. The country of origin was Indonesia, which is a first for me. China and India are usually the countries of choice for suit jackets because of the special sewing and pressing equipment needed to produce the garment correctly.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to try the pants on and I did notice they are not carrying odd number waist sizes. I'm a 33/30 (technically a 31 inseam, but no one makes 31's). Target is also carrying the program online. Here's the link.

The entire Merona line in men's and women's looks really sharp. I also like their $24 dress shirts.