Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm loving my new chinos from Lands End

Ok... so Lands End isn't known for being real fashionable with their clothes, but when I saw they put a model in a pair of skinny jeans on the cover of their catalog I knew something was different.


Flipping through the catalog I noticed they started carrying several slim fits in a few of their pants, so I took the plunge and ordered a pair of their legacy chinos in original fit.

I am flabbergasted at the level of quality and engineering for the price ($35 now on sale for $30). First of they feel great. The fabric is supple and nicely brushed. The fit is awesome, totally modern, they sit nicely on the hips, no loose fabric in the thigh. Also, I love the fact that you can order a custom hem length. For $30 you can't go wrong. J. Crew offers their basic hemmable chinos for $60.

The one issue I have with Lands End is I'm still confused how Traditional Fit differs from Original Fit?? I wish they had a blurp explaining it in laymens term.