Monday, January 4, 2010

My new Bean Boots rock!

So last week when all that snow fell and it finally got cold, I freaked out because I don't own winter boots and felt the sudden urge to buy a pair.


Sorel Caribou boots are everywhere, but after reading the reviews on REI, I stayed away from them. Most of the reviews were pretty awful.

My search eventually led me to L.L. Bean's inhouse boot line that oh by the way is still assembled in Maine (I've been on this buy American kick lately). As I was shopping the temperature was rapidly dropping, so I bought a pair of Maine Hunting Boot with gortex liners figuring when it warmed up, I could just remove the liners. My fear of cold feet got the best of me and over nighted those suckers. Boy was I glad, these boots rock! The construction is superb and they are toasty warm. I ordered a half size down and they fit great with a regular sock. I would have gone down an entire size if I didn't have the gortex liners.